Virtual Golf Outing Scholarship Fundraiser
The Board of Directors of the Minnesota Concrete Council made the difficult decision to cancel the annual golf outing scholarship fundraiser that was scheduled to be held at Mendakota Country Club in August. The golf outing has typically contributed about $10,000 to the MCC scholarship fund.
In an effort to reduce the impact that canceling the golf outing will have on MCC's ability to fund scholarships in 2021, the Board of Directors tasked the Golf Committee with running a "virtual" golf outing scholarship fundraiser.
The mission of the virtual golf outing is to provide an opportunity for MCC members and their guests to enjoy each other’s company over a friendly game of golf while raising needed money for the MCC scholarship fund. The event is NOT intended to be an organized competition. (It is an outing and NOT a tournament.)
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
- Register your foursome and donate to the scholarship fund beginning August 10. You have until September 18 to golf.
- Play golf (regular, miniature or disc) by September 18 at a location of your choosing.
- Submit the names and email addresses of your foursome, along with a picture of your group playing, to Margaret Mills by September 21. Submitted names will be entered into a drawing for $100 Amazon gift cards.
- There will be no “team” prizes or prizes based on scores.
- Door prizes ($100 Amazon gift cards) will be randomly drawn on September 22, 2020 from the list of participants.
- For inclusion in the door prize drawings, the list of names of participants and at least one picture of the “foursome” must be submitted to Margaret Mills no later than close of business on September 21, 2020.
August 10 to September 18, 2020
A minimum donation of $25 per participant is required.